Learn the Chiaroscuro methodology pioneered by Cranach the Elder to produce multi block prints in tone and line. Participants will produce an edition of prints using lino blocks. Examples of modern artists (particularly Sot Art, British Vorticist’s with a particular emphasis on 1920’s & 30’s printmakers).
· Paper suitable for editioning (Magnani, Rives BFK, Arches) Lino blocks will be 200x280mm aprox so paper needs to be supplied for an editon of 10 (this allows for a couple of losses during the process).
· Speedball scraper nib and handle (as used for scraper board)
· Pencils (2B, 3B, Chinograph blue or ochre)
· Thick acetate (4 sheets - A3 aprox)
· Artline 70, Artline 90 marker pens
· Yellow ochre gouache
· Burnt umber gouache
· Misc brushes (including one fine sable)
Lino blocks, cutting tools, inks, proofing papers will be supplied (an additional fee of $50 will be requested for materials, as most of the items on the list will be supplied if the participants forget them). Paper for example will be charged by the sheet and I’ll come with a ream.